Project Manager (LV / HV Connections)
- Competitive + Company Car
- Reports to:
- Head of Operations
- Type of position:
The candidate will have overall responsibility for their projects covering the supply and installation of new electricity infrastructure and connections. They will engage in a range of engineering and consultancy activities associated with the delivery of effective solutions. As well as our client, the candidate will be working with technical staff, Distribution Network Operators and sub-contractors to meet the project deadlines and customer specifications. A flexible attitude is essential as the candidate may be asked to undertake other duties to assist in meeting organisational objectives.
This role will involve overall responsibilities for projects and managing a small team of staff. The Project Manager will define the overall project programmes to meet the customer’s requirements, working closely in negotiations with customers to ensure completion of projects to agreed specifications and timescales especially in the face of changes or delays.
Working with technical staff, DNO/IDNO’s and sub-contractors, the aim is to meet the project programme and customer’s specifications. The candidate will have the ability to monitor and forecast project performance, completion costs and ultimately control the overall project to ensure that forecast performance is achieved or enhanced.
It is essential that compliance with all processes necessary to retain Lloyd’s registration accreditation is upheld and maintained.
- Proven experience 2 years + within the DNO/IDNO or ICP private networks
- electricity power distribution industry
- Fully conversant with the industry standards, practices and procedures
- Minimum 2 years operational experience in 33kV (11kV will be considered with a view to training up)
- Ability to coordinate site activities and ensure the safety of all involved
- Have a strong understanding of commercial terms and conditions and the impact it will have on project delivery
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have good communication skills - verbal and written
- Produce written reports and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Be computer literate
- Full, clean, driving licence
- Current ECS/CSCS card
- Current SMSTS (CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- IOSH, NEBOSH or NRSWA
- Currently or previously held SAP tickets with a DNO such as UKPN, WPD, SSE or an ICP
- Project Management qualification such as Prince or equivalent
- Minimum Level 2 ONC Electrical Engineering qualification (or equivalent)
- DNO background or experience of working with DNOs
- ICP experience
- Fully compliant with Quality Management System and Safety Procedures
- HOURS OF WORK:
- 40 hours per week (you may be required to work any necessary additional hours for the proper performance of your duties)
- Company vehicle
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent opportunities to develop a career and progress into other areas of the business, pension, life assurance, sell back 5 days holiday, free car parking
Covering letter guide
Please provide a covering letter explaining why we should look at you as a possible employee, including your salary expectations.