The leading independent connections provider for large scale solar energy sites, we are contracted to connect 25% of the UK’s large scale solar projects - providing grid connection for over 13% of the total ground mounted solar currently connected in the UK.
Dragon has also worked on wind turbine developments and complex energy parks where a mix of anaerobic digesters, biomass generators, wind turbines and solar farms are to be operated.
Our experience in the field of renewable energy is so respected that Dragon CEO, Simon Phipps was invited by the DECC (Department of Energy and Climate Change) as one of the experts on a UK Government solar trade mission to Saudi Arabia to offer his opinion of the renewable market and how it could develop the Kingdom of Saudi.
Renewable energy projects bring with them specific challenges. Often in remote or inaccessible locations, renewable projects can attract a lot of local attention. So it is vital they run smoothly and with minimal disruption to their local community.
Our end-to-end service to renewable energy developers is perfectly tailored to this highly specialist market. It includes:
- Feasibility studies
- Assessing loads for new sites
- Making applications to DNO
- Completing or assisting with ENA form
- Protection study and protection settings
- Designing networks to adoptable standard
- Installation on behalf of DNOs and IDNOs
- Negotiating adoption alternatives
- Securing best value and delivery for the developer
Check out the BPVA Newsletter
See some of our work: